Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pursuing Dreams

I've moved to Hyderabad and am planning to stay here for a couple of months. The main purpose of the shift is to work here in a gaming company called Golive. Though I did get selected in an IT conglomerate during the college campus recruitment, I doubt that I would be getting the call letter anytime soon. Besides that, a career in gaming for me is almost a dream come true. So, if there is an opportunity for this to become reality, I'm definitely going to give it a shot. And so, here I am, giving it a shot.

In real life though, a dream is never really a dream simply because, it costs a lot. In life, pursuing a dream demands sacrifice and risk. Fortunately, I didn't have much to risk in my pursuit since it is not some unknown company, but it has demanded a lot of sacrifice. I obviously miss my family, my friends, my stuffs etc. but more than everything, I miss my life. I had lots of freedom during both my school and college days, which meant that, I spent a lot of my daily life infront of my computer. I had certain daily routines of reading RSS Feeds, going through some forums, playing a couple of games with my clannies, taking my bike for a ride etc.

Now that I'm not near my computer, it feels, different. I don't see my wallpaper anymore, I'm not able to listen to my favourite list of songs, I don't get my daily dose of favourite games and I don't have the pleasure of being online 24x7. A lot has changed, but I'm still working in a field (gaming) that I'm familiar with; I'm still able to play games, though not that frequently; I'm still able to make a late night blog post; but most of all, I'm still with my friends. Bharath and Majid are with me in Hyderabad working in the same office. Its a life that is worth being called a dream.

1 comment:

  1. Wish all your dreams come true and enjoy every NANO second of this dream phase of your life ... :)

    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to speak your mind..