Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just One of Those Days!

We have all had a day when everything seemed to go wrong. From the very moment you wake up, you feel miserable & it only gets worse as the day progresses. If there is one among you who hasn't felt this way about a day, then please leave your name in the comments & I will contact you for an autograph.

From that intro, I'm sure you would've guessed that I just went through such a day myself. Ah ha! Got you! My day was .. er.. hm.. ok.. I give up, it was miserable. Yes, there is no denying it, it was a day when the angel watching over me said “Buddy, I'm taking a coffee break” but then, it didn't return for a whole day. How was my day that bad you ask? Well, my plan for the day was very simple. I was supposed to meet an old schoolmate of mine & go for a movie.

But lets not jump into that part straight away. The day began at 6.30am when I was in the middle of my dream. I suddenly felt an urge to attack the loo and so, I woke up abruptly. Yes indeed, diarrhea. I felt miserable & got a tablet from the nearby pharmacy. I took the tablet & settled down in my chair & the power went off. Cursing my luck, I slowly got ready to leave.

All was well & I met my old friend, Annamalai at the station. We had to take a walk to reach the Prasad Multiplex which we happily did as we discussed our lives. That was the calm before the storm. As soon as we reached the theatre, we came to know that the show (Kandaswamy in tamil) was canceled. By this time, as a result of that tablet and probably because of the long walk, I started getting vomiting sensations.

My friend suggested that we go to his office, his room & then my room. But I had to politely refuse the offer & I instead suggested some snacks by the lake & returning home. He agreed, but I couldn't walk for long. Thus, we took two breaks to cover the same distance & we couldn't eat anything since I was feeling much worse now. That is one reunion cut short & I had to return home.

When I reached the station, I realized that it was Sunday & there were no trains till evening. Having no knowledge of Telugu or Hindi, I dreaded bus travels. So, I took an auto to the nearby station for which he bluntly over charged me. Then I decided to risk getting on a bus & I found one that said 'Borabanda' which in a train, is the stop before mine. So, I got on it. Unfortunately, the bus routes aren't always the same as the train routes & so, it left me at a dead end.

But that conductor understood some English & so, I got back on the same bus for the return journey to somewhere else. Following his instructions, I caught a share auto from there back to my place. But I still had a long walk back home but the whole journey took so long that I was actually feeling better now. The climate tempted me to walk back home & so I did. There were some rain drops but then again, I thought it was normal at this time of the year & so, I continued. Suddenly, it was a heavy rain but no point in stopping now, I was soaked anyway. Thus, I returned home at noon & I hadn't eaten anything so far. My friend actually called to check on me. End of Part 1.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to speak your mind..