Friday, November 13, 2009

The Mystery of Sleep

Rain stopped.. Sad.. It didn't even last a week. There is yet another reason why that saddens me. It is because I slept for almost 12 hours last night. I mean, over-sleeping during rainy days is rather a natural phenomenon because no one likes to get up from bed on a rainy day. But I on the other hand, was sleeping for just 7 hours during rain but once it stopped I slept for 12 hours. Actually, rain has nothing to do with it. I never did understand why I sometimes sleep a lot for no apparent reason.

Today, I think I solved that little mystery of mine. I tried to rationalize my behaviour like Gregory House would and it struck me. For the past 4 or 5 days, I had slept only for 7 hours and suddenly, I slept for 12 hours last night. The only difference I could think of between the past 5 days & last night was that, I was upset last night. Not just upset about something in particular, but I was depressed in general. Thus, I wasn't very enthusiastic about the next day. That is why I never felt like getting up.

Usually, when I'm enthusiastic about something, I wake up easily even if I had slept only for 4 hours. I used to stress that motivation is a huge factor in getting something done. I guess, it even affects the sleeping patterns. That is just the cause of the problem. Now I need a solution. I'm not sure whether I can really find one, but I have to try something. So, my solution is, to write this blog. Haha! Its actually quite rational. I blog only at night times. Now that the blog is just a personal diary, I can just vent my feelings here. It is general belief that letting out the emotion reduces the pain. Thus, it all adds up.

The downside is that, the blog is gonna suck more now, for people who don't personally know me. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to speak your mind..